Linux machine not connecting to NIC or network - Bug Reaper

                  Bug Reaper

Lean about Automation Testing,Selenium WebDriver,RestAssured,Appium,Jenkins,JAVA,API Automation,TestNG,Maven, Rest API, SOAP API,Linux,Maven,Security Testing,Interview Questions

Friday 29 August 2014

Linux machine not connecting to NIC or network


After succesfully installing RHEL on VM ware.
I booted my system.
But it was not taking IP address and not even connecting to network.
Please refer screenshot.


Although I have mentioned my internet network in my RHEL VM during Virtual Machine Creation.

But where was the problem running, I'm not sure if it's possibly a due to lag on dhcp getting IP address from my provider? 

Two commands can help you out in this issue.

ifup - bring a network interface up
ifdown - take a network interface down

The ifup and ifdown commands may be used to configure (or, respectively, deconfigure) network interfaces based on interface definitions in the file /etc/network/interfaces.

ifup -a
Bring up all the interfaces defined with auto in /etc/network/interfaces

ifup eth0
Bring up interface eth0




No comments:

Post a Comment